Diabetes is a condition that affects millions of people around the world, and its prevalence is only growing. While there are numerous treatments available for managing diabetes, many people are now turning to homeopathy as an alternative. In this article, we will explore the best homeopathic treatment for diabetes and what makes it so effective.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a severe condition of your body where the level of glucose in your blood increases rapidly. Whatever you eat is ultimately converted into glucose, and that works for providing you energy. Your pancreas produces insulin, which controls the level of blood sugar in your body.
When you have diabetes, either your body does not produce an adequate amount of insulin, or your body becomes insulin resistant. As a result, your body cannot process the extra blood glucose.
Types of diabetes:
We can classify diabetes into three main types.
- Type 1 diabetes: It is a less common form of diabetes that affects very few people. Your pancreas becomes unable to produce a sufficient amount of diabetes. People below the age of thirty years are mostly affected by this type of diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes: When your body becomes insulin resistant, your body does no respond to insulin properly; we call it to type 2 diabetes. Around 90 percent of diabetic people have this type of diabetes. It is widespread in adults and aged people. Obesity and diabetes-friendly genetic structure are some of the main reason for developing this disease. People with type 2 diabetes are prone to numerous severe conditions and organ failure if not treated properly.
- Gestational Diabetes: It is a form of diabetes that we see in patients during pregnancy. It happens due to the low production of insulin in your body during this time. In some cases, the level of blood sugar becomes normal after your child’s birth. Else, proper diet and exercise can control the blood sugar level.
Symptoms of diabetes:
You will experience the following symptoms if you develop diabetes-
- Urinating very frequently
- Persistent hunger
- Sudden weight loss
- Extreme thirst
- Change in vision
- Skin drying
- Excessive tiredness
- Numbness and pain in hands or feet
- Slow healing from wounds
- More prone to infections
Diet changes and blood sugar levels
When it comes to managing diabetes, diet changes can have a big impact on blood sugar levels. Here are some tips to help you make healthier choices:
1. Choose complex carbohydrates over simple carbs. Complex carbs take longer to digest and don’t cause as big of a spike in blood sugar levels.
2. Incorporate healthy fats into your diet. Good sources of healthy fats include avocados, nuts, and olive oil.
3. Get adequate protein at each meal. Protein helps stabilize blood sugar levels and can also help you feel fuller longer.
4. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. This will help keep your blood sugar levels in check and prevent dehydration.
5. Avoid sugary drinks and foods. These can cause a quick spike in blood sugar levels followed by a crash. Stick to water or unsweetened beverages instead.
Foods to eat and foods to avoid
When it comes to homeopathy and diabetes, there are certain foods that can help regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity, and there are other foods that can worsen these conditions.
Some of the best foods for diabetics include: leafy greens, nuts and seeds, fish, eggs, and full-fat dairy. These foods are all rich in nutrients that can help to stabilize blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
On the other hand, some of the worst foods for diabetics include: processed meats, refined carbs, sugary drinks, and Trans fats. These foods can all increase blood sugar levels and lead to insulin resistance.
Supplements for better blood sugar control
There are a number of supplements which can help to improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes. These include:
Chromium: This essential trace mineral is involved in the metabolism of glucose and can help to improve insulin sensitivity.
Alpha-lipoic acid: This powerful antioxidant can help to protect cells from damage caused by high blood sugar levels.
Bitter melon: This traditional Chinese remedy has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
Fenugreek: This herb has been used for centuries to treat a variety of conditions, including diabetes. It has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
Physical activity and exercise: the most important factor in blood sugar control
Exercise is critical for everyone, but it’s especially important if you have diabetes. Why? Because it helps to control your blood sugar levels.
When you have diabetes, your body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t use its insulin properly. Insulin is a hormone that helps glucose (sugar) get into your cells to give them energy. If there’s not enough insulin or the insulin isn’t working right, too much sugar stays in your blood. That can lead to serious health problems, including heart disease and stroke.
Exercise helps move sugar into your cells, where it’s used for energy. When you don’t exercise, even if you are eating healthy and taking your diabetes medicine, your blood sugar levels can stay high. Over time, this can damage your heart, blood vessels, nerves, and kidneys.
The best way to lower your blood sugar is to exercise regularly. Just 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity most days of the week can make a big difference. And the more active you are, the better!
Homeopathic treatment for diabetes:
Homeopathy can help with diabetes-related issues and treat your blood sugar level. Homeopathic medicines come from natural ingredients like minerals and herbs. The followings are the essential homeopathic medicines for diabetes.
- Syztgium jambolanum- It helps to treat increased thirst, weakness, frequent urination, and skin ulcers.
- Gymnema sylvesttre- It helps in lowering the blood glucose level and treat excessive urination.
- Urinum nitricum- It controls nausea, swelling, burning with urination and improves the work of your kidney.
- Apis mellifica- It helps to improve your urine flow and to release extra fluid from your body.
- Conium (hemlock)- It is instrumental in treating diabetic neuropathy and numbness in your hands and feet.
- Phosphoric acid- It helps in treating frequent urination at night mainly.
- Plumbum (lead)- It gives relief in numbness in feet and hands, nerve pain, and tinnitus.
- Candida (yeast)- It is very beneficial in treating yeast infections.
- Calendula (marigold)- It works very well in treating infected skin ulcers.
Benefits of homeopathy medicines in diabetes:
Diabetes is a condition of your body where your body does not work appropriately with glucose level. In most cases, you cannot understand that you have diabetes in the beginning. You start experiencing the symptoms of diabetes only after developing the associated complications. As a result, you require treatment for these complications, along with diabetes. It will not work only to reduce the level of blood glucose in this situation. Holistic care becomes mandatory.
Here comes the role of homeopathy medicines. Homeopathy medicines have multiple benefits in treating diabetes.
- It works from the root of your disease.
- All the medicines come from natural ingredients.
- The treatment does not have any side effects.
- It provides holistic care for you.
- It can treat all the associated complications properly.
- The treatment gives you a long-lasting solution for diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Can diabetes cause skin problems?
If you suffer from high blood sugar, you may suffer from skin problems, most commonly itchy skin. Along with that, you may suffer from yellow bumps, infections, and redness on your skin.
2. Is there any substitute for insulin available in homeopathy medicines?
No, there is no alternative of insulin available in homeopathy. But the method of holistic treatment with homeopathy medicines can work very well in treating diabetes.
3. What lifestyle change do I need for diabetes?
Along with proper medication, you will require a healthy lifestyle. It includes-
- Proper exercise
- Eating healthy food
- Proper sleep
- Checking blood sugar level at regular interval
- Quitting alcohol and junk food
4. How long will it take to provide you total cure from diabetes?
Diabetes is a malfunction of your body. You will require to continue the medicines throughout your life.