If you have not encountered kidney stones in your lifetime, say thanks to your planetary positions. It is because kidney stones are a common and painful urological condition bothering humans for years. According to the National Kidney Foundation survey, 1 in 5 men and 1 in 10 women may develop kidney stones in their lifetime. This article discusses kidney stones, itʻs symptoms, alternative medicine for treating kidney stones and what is the best homeopathic treatment for kidney stones are.
What are kidney stones?
Hardened deposits of salts and minerals formed in the kidney or urinary tract are Kidney stones. Our kidneys filter body fluids and remove unwanted minerals and salts from our body through urine.
When excessive minerals and salt get accumulated in urine, they stick together and turn into hard masses that vary in size and shape. They first form in your kidneys and travel down to the ureters through the urinary tract. Often when stones are small, they pass out in the urine without causing any pain. But if the stone’s size is bigger, it gets stuck in the ureters and blocks the urine flow.
Symptoms associated with kidney stones
- Blood in the urine
- Severe pain in the side and back
- Pain on urination
- Persistent urgency to urinate
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Foul-smelling urine
Causes of kidney stones
- Lack of adequate body fluids or dehydration
- Diet with excessive calcium, salt, and uric acid
- Obesity and Diabetes
- Family history of kidney stones
- Hot and dry weather
- Certain medications
- Health issues like urinary tract infections, High BP, Gout, and inflammatory bowel disease
Homeopathic treatment for kidney stones in 2023
Homeopathic remedies for kidney stones work effectively in controlling pain and discomfort. It helps dissolve stones and excrete them through the urine.
Homeopathy medicine for kidney stones breaks down the large stones. Homeopathy for kidney stones also helps remove stones from your body without using any painful, invasive procedures.
Some of the homeopathic medicine for kidney stones
- Sarsaparilla: Your homeopath may prescribe this homeopathy medicine for kidney stones if you have symptoms such as Renal colic; Stone in the bladder, bloody urine. Bright and clear but irritating urine; scanty, slimy, flaky, sandy urine.
- Nux vomica: This homeopathy for kidney stones is prescribed when a stone in the ureter causes renal colic.
- Cantharis: Homeopaths prescribe it for symptoms like constant and intolerable urging to urinate, burning urine, etc.
- Berberis vulgaris: It is prescribed if you suffer from symptoms like blood-red urine, bright red sediment in the urine, etc.
Benefits of homeopathic treatment for kidney stones
- Homeopathy treatment is safe, natural, and side effects free.
- It is prescribed based on the symptoms and concept of individualization.
- Homeopathic medications control pain and discomfort and dissolve kidney stones and expel them in the urine.
- It also reduces the reoccurrence of kidney stones successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are kidney stones hereditary?
Yes. If anyone from your family had or has kidney stones, then you may be more prone to acquire them too.
2. Can kidney stones reoccur?
The recurrence of kidney stones differs from patient to patient. Research has revealed a 50% recurrence rate over 5 to 10 years or 75% over 20 years of age. But, with proper hydration, the recurrence can be reduced.
3. What should you avoid in kidney stones?
Avoid stone-forming foods such as beets, spinach, rhubarb, chocolate, tea, and nuts rich in oxalate, contributing to kidney stones. If you’re suffering from stones, your doctor may recommend to avoid these foods or eat them in smaller amounts.
4. Are there different types of kidney stones?
The main types of kidney stones are Struvite stones, Calcium oxalate stones, and Uric acid stones. Other rare types include xanthine and cysteine stones.
I hope you like reading on Best Homeopathy Treatment for Kidney Stones in 2023.